12+ Angel Investors in UK for your Startup
Angel Investors in UK can play a crucial role in upscaling the startup scene in the country. We were speaking about the definition of Angel Investors: What are Angel Investors?
1,843 startups per day with 672,890 startups in the tax year of 2019, the UK has become the hub of startups in the last few years. The critical point is that only 57.6% of startups founded in 2013 could survive by 2018, and 89% of startups founded in 2018 could survive for the first year. With more than 65% of young people having the zest to start their own business, what is keeping this rich startup culture from taking over the global startup scene?
Among all other factors, there is one most significant factor of startup capital or seed capital. There is a possibility that 89% of startups couldn’t make through the second year had an unworkable business idea, but the chances of lack of investment can’t be denied at the same time.
We have made a list of “Angel Investors in UK”, the young entrepreneurs looking for investment can approach too. So, let’s get started.
List of Angel Investors in UK
Sonali De Rycker
A graduate of Harvard Business School, Sonali has been vetted to stand among the top entrepreneurs and angel investors in UK. She has been partnering in the startup “Accel.” .
- Interests or industries: Her investment interests are software, fintech, and SMEs.
- Startups to highlight: Some of the investments made by Sonali include Monzo Bank, KRY, Shift Technology, Wallapop, etc.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sonaliderycker/
Saul Klein is among the angel investors in UK who have a rich experience of working in diverse cultures around the globe. With around 25 years as a CEO, founder, and investor Mr. Klein has established numerous businesses. His expertise is not limited to the United Kingdom; instead, he has also ventured in the startups in Israel, the USA, and Europe.
- Startups to highlight: Among the startups build by Saul Klein, some prominent names are Zincvc, Localglobevc, Seedcamp, Teamkano, and Lovefilm.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/saulklein/
The next name on our list of angel investors in UK, is Eileen Burbidge. Eileen is an entrepreneur, angel investor, and business enthusiast. There is so much on the credit of her. She started her journey from exciting positions at Yahoo, Skype, and apple. Later on, she ventured in different startups.
She is currently a partner at Passion Capital, a venture capital fund that invests in early-stage startups.
- Startups to highlight: She is also serving as a non-executive director of Monzo Bank, Prowler, Focalpoint, and many other SMEs on Passion Capital. Not only this, but she also chairs UK tech city, which is a UK government back project to promote the digital economy across the country.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/eileenburbidge/
Among the angel investors in the UK who have been in the race of entrepreneurship for almost a decade, Richard Reed is a graduate of St Johns College Cambridge. He has a uniquely passionate interest in startups. Jam Jar Investment has been the brainchild of Mr. Reed since 2013, as he has co-founded it. Before the entrepreneurship, he served as an account director at Sony, Legoland, and VW. He has also founded another startup with the name of Innocent drinks.
With over 20 years of venture capital experience, a German-born angel investor Philipp Schroeder has been investing, founding, and managing startups.
He has diverse global working experience from Germany, London, Hamburg, Spain, and New York. Serving in investment banking and logistics sectors enabled Schroeder to understand the business complications closely. Currently, he is a partner at Endeit Capital, an investment fund that invests in SaaS and transaction-based business models.
- Amount of Startups: He has invested as an angel investor in more than 50 companies with over $500 million portfolio company funding.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/philippschroederactive/
One of the most successful entrepreneurs and angel investors in the UK with 6 figure exits on his credit, Chris Adelsbach, is next on our list. He is also president of the University of Michigan UK alumni Association.
- Amount of Startups: He has a rich portfolio of more than 120 investments in fintech companies.
- Startups to highlight: He has co-founded some great fintech startups, including Marlin Financial Group, featured among 100 privately held fastest-growing startups. Besides investing, Mr. Adlovesach loves to mentor the enthusiastic founders of the businesses.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/chrisadelsbach/
Since 1996, Mr. Simon is adding value to the startup culture by investing and entrepreneurial venturing in different startups. He established his first startup and sold it to Amazon. Currently, he is managing partner at Episode 1 Ventures, and he invests in early-stage tech investors.
- Interests or industries: Their investment fund is striving to help the UK-based software-driven startups with up to £2m.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/simonmurdoch/
She is among the most prominent angel investors in UK and Europe, with many investments in different multi-million European companies. Laurel is an MBA that makes her a professional business person who is currently partnering in 83 North, which is a global venture capital firm in Tel Aviv.
- Startups to highlight: Some of the prominent investments made by Laurel Bowden include Wix, Seal software that is acquired by Adobe, Vroom, Fizzback, and Secret Escapes.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/laurel-bowden-3a869b/
He is among the multi-talented angel investors in UK who has been working as a motivator, advisor, investor, and entrepreneur. Peter Read has been associated with some big names in the industry like Google ventures, GP Bullhound and entertainment insights, governer at Beaconsfield High School, etc. He is a tech angel investor and currently a partner at Vitruvian that is venture capital in BlueYard.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/petermread/
He has over 35 years of experience in entrepreneurship and investments. Mr. Cowley identifies himself as a serial entrepreneur, parallel angel investor, president of European Business Angel Network, and publisher.
- Interests or industries: Peter Cowley is among angel investors in UK with an impressive portfolio of establishing and operating 12 businesses in diverse niches, including technology, real estate, and publishing.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/plcowley/
Only a few people have a mission in their life. Simon Squibb is among the angel investors in UK with visionary thinking and a mission to help 1 million people start their business. He is an entrepreneur, angel investor, business professional, and public speaker. Mr. Squibb has expertise in marketing, management, mentoring, business creation, and branding.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/simonsquibb/
Residing in London, UK, Oleg Tscheltzoff is a serial entrepreneur and angel investor with many startups funded.
- Startups to highlight: Some of the business ventures financed by Mr. Tscheltzoff include Carta, Chime, Robinhood, Slack, and Calm. Oleg’s expertise is in startups, venture capital, and entrepreneurship, and his primary interest is in internet startups.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/otscheltzoff/
Are you interested in reading more about Angel Investors?
You can find interesting the following articles:
The list of Angel Investors in UK is not the only one, we made other articles about:
- Best 11+ Angel Investors San Francisco
- 30+ Angel Investors in India
- Angel Investors Los Angeles
- 11+ Angel Investors in Estonia
Tech Startups Magazine: Stay updated
I hope you find very interesting this article about Angel Investors in UK. If you are interested in our Startup Magazine, you can keep updated by our Social Networks:
You may also be interested in the latest tech trends at High-Tech Magazine.